Slab Demonstration / Making and building from molds/ Pressing in textures
1) Picking out textures from nature that can be rolled into and/or pressed into a leather hard slab i.e. Leaves, feathers, acorn tops, flowers, tree bark, etc.
2) Picking out a stylized texture found in nature. These need to be demonstrated in at least 5 thumbnail preliminary sketches.
3) Rolling out 3 stoneware slabs roughly size 8" x 8" or larger
4) Rolled in textures need to be rolled in while the slab is leather-hard and therefore should be more wet than the hard slab used for building/ subtracting materials to/from the preexisting hard slab.
5) A 300 word reflection needs to be turned in prior to critique. This is a time to talk about the challenges that were faced during this explorative assignment. What helped guide your decision in your favorite process? What artistic choices were made in this assignment and why?